
I must admit I'm a sucker for... So You Think You Can Dance... because I know what it is like to chase a dream that seems impossible. Especially to doubters who think that you are simply day dreaming. I love the passion of each dancer that has a fire burning inside them that pushes them to continue the life long chase. I say life long because even though I've landed my dream I still run full speed ahead to get further tugging on every heart string and sacrificing lazy Sundays, weekends, holidays, friend's birthdays and the list goes on... just to land my next gig, just to make it. Is it worth it? I'm not sure but for as long as I can continue to help people by telling their stories then it is all worth it. Back to DANCE... I have a love for all things dance, its a language that is universal. I started dance when I was 3 years old and I stopped taking principle dance the year before my freshmen year of high school. I was devastated but I knew that I was not going to pursue DANCE professionally, so I had to move on. I took ballet, jazz and tap (Yes, I can TAP) it was something about the melody of the music and the movement that gave me peace. So when I watch the show I know what the dancers are going through because although our dreams are very different we share the same rejections, struggles and challenges. So for those who are dream chasers "YOU can't fail unless you quit."